||Houston, Texas, U.S.
||ServerMonkey is seeking a Web Developer to support existing systems while contributing to future functionality and integration with first and third party software. Some companies look for a Ninja, but with pitfalls like espionage, sabotage, and assassination, we'll pass. We want someone who shares the traits of the Samurai: honor, duty and loyalty. Striving to adhere to code quality and industry standards is required. Doing it right the first time and taking pride in your work is expected.
- Analyzing project requirements; communicating problems and solutions to the team
- Building, testing, and deploying PHP web applications
- Hand-coding HTML/CSS
- Integrating code into CMS's
- Analyzing and troubleshooting bugs
- Understanding and implementing cross browser testing
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2-4 years experience
- Ability to work with a team or individually based on project requirements
- PHP 5
- Hands-on programming with PHP5 and Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Design Patterns
- Laravel framework
- E-Commerce experience
- LAMP development experience (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Git, Github
- KISS, DRY & SOLID Principles
- Use of IDE (i.e. PhpStorm, Aptana, Netbeans)
- Use of Linux or OSX for desktop
|About the Company
||Server Monkey offers cost effective technology to corporate IT departments, small businesses and technology experts. We carry brands like HP, Dell, IBM, Sun, and Cisco and offer a customizable online solution that allows customers to configure their hardware to the desired specification. As a rapidly growing start-up with big ideas, we need people with the right attitude, drive and energy to contribute to growth and profitability. If you are creative, passionate about web technology, and desire to learn and grow as a developer we want you on our team!