||IPv4, IPv6, static routes, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced IGRP (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), BGP Router Reflector, Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), Multicast Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMPv3), Protocol Independent Multicast sparse mode (PIM SM), PIM Source Specific Multicast (SSM), Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol (DVMRP), IPv4-to-IPv6 Multicast, MPLS, Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPN, IPSec, Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3), Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD), IEEE802.1ag, and IEEE802.3ah.
||Generic routing encapsulation (GRE), Ethernet, 802.1q VLAN, Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), Multilink Point-to-Point Protocol (MLPPP), Frame Relay, Multilink Frame Relay (MLFR) (FR.15 and FR.16), High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC), Serial (RS-232, RS-449, X.21, V.35, and EIA-530), PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE), and ATM.
||QoS, Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ), Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED), Hierarchical QoS, Policy-Based Routing (PBR), Performance Routing, and NBAR.
|Embedded Management Features Available with Cisco IOS Software:
- Web Services Management Agent (WSMA)
- Cisco IOS Embedded Event Manager (EEM)
- Cisco IOS IP Service-Level Agreements (IPSLA)
- Cisco 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers also support SNMP, Remote Monitoring (RMON), syslog, NetFlow, and TR-069, in addition to the embedded management features mentioned
|Network Management Solutions:
- Device staging and configuration: Cisco Configuration Professional
- Networkwide deployment, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting: CiscoWorks LMS
- Networkwide staging, configuration, and compliance: CiscoWorks NCM
- Security staging, configuration, and monitoring: Cisco Security Manager
- Voice and unified communications configuration and provisioning: Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager
- Staging, deployment, and changes of licenses: Cisco License Manager
- Staging, deployment, and changes to configuration and image files: Cisco Configuration Engine